The Gionee Ctrl V5 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Indian company Gionee back in April this year. The Gionee Ctrl V5 features a 4.7 inch qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. Although there is nothing really special about this device, but its quite a decent smartphone given the money you pay for it. Like most other Gionee smartphones, we can root Gionee Ctrl V5 easily using the vroot program. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root Gionee Ctrl V5 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Gionee Ctrl V5
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. You can download it from Gionee Support if you have not do so.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Back up the Gionee Ctrl V5 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Gionee Ctrl V5
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once done, open the vroot program on your PC.
- Connect the Gionee Ctrl V5 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Make sure your PC has detected your device before you proceed with the rest of the steps.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Gionee Ctrl V5.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The Gionee Ctrl V5 will automatically be rebooted.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Gionee Ctrl V5!