The Gionee Gpad G4 is the latest Android phablet released by Gionee earlier this year. The device comes with a 5.7 inches HD display powered by a 1.5GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM – much better specifications as compared to the previous Gpad G3. Like any other Gionee smartphones, you can also root Gionee Gpad G4 easily using the Framaroot app. In the following tutorial, I will be showing you exactly how to root Gionee Gpad G4 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Gionee Gpad G4
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the device driver on your PC. If you have not do so, you can head down to Gionee support page and download the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery remaining on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Gionee Gpad G4.
Follow the steps below on how to root Gionee Gpad G4
- Connect the Gionee Gpad 4 to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk (which you have downloaded earlier) from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Gionee Gpad G4 smartphone.
- From the app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- Moving on, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ) under the Select an exploit section.
- Now, you should see a pop-up similar to the one above on your device.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Gionee Gpad G4!