The Alcatel One Touch Pop C3 is a low-end Android smartphone released by Alcatel back in September last year. The device comes with a 4 inches display powered by a 1.3GHz dual-core processor and 512MB RAM – making it unsuitable for those who like to multi-task on their device. Whatever it is, we can still root Alcatel One Touch Pop C3 rather easily using the Framaroot app. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root Alcatel One Touch Pop C3!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Alcatel One Touch Pop C3
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the device driver on your PC. You can visit Alcatel support page
and download the necessary device driver if you have not do so.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery remaining on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Alcatel One Touch Pop C3.
Follow the steps below on how to root Alcatel One Touch Pop C3
- Connect the Alcatel One Touch Pop C3 to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk (which you have downloaded earlier) from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Once you have installed Framaroot, open it on your device.
- From the app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- Moving on, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ) under the Select an exploit section.
- A pop-up similar to the one above should appear on your screen.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Alcatel One Touch Pop C3!