The Goophone S5 Lite is a 5.1-inch Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Goophone earlier this year. From the look of it, you should know that the device is an exact replica of the Galaxy S5 flagship – but with a least impressive spec sheet. Since the Goophone S5 Lite comes with an unlocked bootloader, its rather easy to have it rooted if you want to do so.
In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Goophone S5 Lite using a one-click-root program called vroot. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root Goophone S5 Lite!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Goophone S5 Lite
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Goophone S5 Lite smartphone.
- Back up your Goophone S5 Lite smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Goophone S5 Lite
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Goophone S5 Lite to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Goophone S5 Lite.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Goophone S5 Lite!