Thr Goophone X2 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Goophone back in August last year. The device rock a 5-inch qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset along with a 1GB RAM. The Goophone X2 runs on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box and comes with an unlocked bootloader which explains why it can be easily rooted.
In the following tutorial, I will be showing you guys exactly how to root Goophone X2 using the vroot program. If nothing goes wrong, this procedure should take less than 20 minutes to complete. Read on to find out how root Goophone X2!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Goophone X2
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Goophone X2 smartphone.
- Back up your Goophone X2 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Goophone X2
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Goophone X2 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Goophone X2.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Goophone X2!