The Hyundai Q5C is the latest Android smartphone released by Hyundai earlier this year. The Hyundai Q5C comes with a rather decent spec sheet which include a 5-inch qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. Whats great is that it comes with a price tag of just $140.
If you happen to be one of those who doesn’t like the UI on the Hyundai Q5C, there is actually away to change it by flashing custom ROMs on the device. But before we can do so, we must first root Hyundai Q5C. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Hyundai Q5C using the vroot program.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Hyundai Q5C
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your smartphone.
- Back up the Hyundai Q5C smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Hyundai Q5C
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Hyundai Q5C to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Hyundai Q5C.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- Your device should automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Hyundai Q5C!