The Intex Aqua HD is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Indian manufacturer Intex back in September last year. The Intex Aqua HD is no doubt one of the most impressive smartphone released by the company last year together with the Aqua i7. The Intex Aqua HD sports a 4.7-inch 720p display powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core chipset and 1GB RAM.
Like most other Android smartphone, we can root Intex Aqua HD rather easily using the Framaroot app as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Intex Aqua HD in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Intex Aqua HD
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your Intex Aqua HD smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Intex Aqua HD smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root Intex Aqua HD
- Connect the Intex Aqua HD to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot on your Intex Aqua HD smartphone and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Intex Aqua HD.
- You should be able to see a pop-up like the one above once the program has rooted your device.
- Finally, reboot your Intex Aqua HD smartphone immediately.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Intex Aqua HD!