The Jiayu F1 is a budget Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Jiayu back in January this year. The Jiayu F1 is by far one of the cheapest Android smartphone available with a price tag of just $50 – and yes we isn’t joking it’s that cheap. Although it comes with such a cheap price tag, Jiayu doesn’t really compromise its hardware and still give it a decent 4-inch display powered by a 1.3GHz dual-core processor and 512MB RAM.
If you happens to own this device and wants to root it, then you’re at the right place! We can root Jiayu F1 using a one-click-root app called Framaroot and takes only less than an hour to do so. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Jiayu F1 using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Jiayu F1
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your Jiayu F1 smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Jiayu F1 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Jiayu F1
- Connect the Jiayu F1 smartphone to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot on your Jiayu F1 smartphone and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Jiayu F1.
- You should be able to see a pop-up like the one above once the program has rooted your device.
- Now, reboot your Jiayu F1 smartphone.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Jiayu F1!
- You should now be able to find a SuperSU app in your app drawer.