The Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus is another mid-range Android smartphone released back in December last year. The device comes with a 5-inch qHD display powered by a quad-core 1.3 GHz processor and 1GB RAM. It currently runs on the Android 4.2.2 OS, but there may be a slight chance for it to be upgraded to KitKat in future. Like most other Karbonn smartphone, you can root Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus easily through the Boromir exploit using Framaroot app. In this tutorial, I will be showing you exactly how to root Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus.
Follow the steps below on how to root Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus
- Connect the Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus smartphone.
- On the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option from the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work )
- An “Exploit result” pop-up like the one above will appear once you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus!