The Lenovo A850 is a mid-range Android phablet released by Lenovo back in August last year. The device runs on a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM, spotting a 5.5 inches qHD display. Like any other Android smartphone, you can root Lenovo A850 rather easily as well. After which, you will be able to install custom ROMs as well as recovery on the device. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root Lenovo A850 using Framaroot.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Lenovo A850
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the device driver on your PC. If you have not do so, you can download the necessary device driver here.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery remaining in your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Lenovo A850 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Lenovo A850
- Connect the Lenovo A850 to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk (which you have downloaded earlier) from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app from your app drawer.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the following section, you will select the Boromir exploit ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ).
- The rooting process normally take less than a minute. You should see a similar pop-up as the one above once your device has been rooted.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Lenovo A850!