The Micromax Canvas L is the latest mid-range Android phablet released by Indian manufacturer Micromax back in August this year. The device comes with a 5.5-inch qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MT6582 chipset along with 1GB of RAM. Other key specs which accompany the device include a 8GB internal storage, microSD slot, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, 2,350mAh battery, as well as Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Micromax smartphones, we can root Micromax Canvas L A108 rather easily using the vroot program as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Micromax Canvas L A108 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Micromax Canvas L A108
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Canvas L smartphone.
- Back up your Canvas L smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Micromax Canvas L
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Canvas L to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Canvas L.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Canvas L!