The Micromax Canvas XL A119 is the first Android phablet released by the Indian manufacturer earlier this year. It comes with a 6-inch qHD display powered a 1.3 GHz quad-core Mediatek chipset and 1GB RAM. Although the Micromax Canvas XL A119 was released only a few weeks back, a root procedure is already available for the phablet. The process is simple and it’ll definitely take up less than an hour of your time. So if you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root Micromax Canvas XL A119 using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Micromax Canvas XL A119
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your device before you proceed.
- Back up the Micromax Canvas XL A119.
Follow the steps below on how to root Micromax Canvas XL A119
- Connect the Micromax Canvas XL A119 to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Go to the Security section under its settings and check on the Unknown Sources box.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you no have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your Micromax Canvas XL A119.
- From the app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit.
- You should see a Success 🙂 pop-up appearing on your device if everything is done correctly.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Micromax Canvas XL A119!