The Neken N6 is a mid-range Android smartphone released back in June last year. The device comes with a 5 inches FHD display completed with a 1.5GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. Like any other Android smartphones, you can have full control of the device’s hardware if you gain root-access to its system files. In this tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root Neken N6 using Framaroot – a one-click-root app for Android.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Neken N6
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the device driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery remaining in your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Neken N6 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Neken N6
- Connect the Neken N6 to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk (which you have downloaded earlier) from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Launch the Framaroot app from your app drawer.
- On the app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, you will select the Boromir exploit ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ) under the Select an exploit section.
- You should see a pop-up like the one above if everything is done correctly.
- Reboot your smartphone.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Neken N6!
- You can now disconnect it from your PC.