Even though the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 was only officially released last month, the rooting procedure for both the i9205 and i9200 versions is already available. And if you’re looking for the such how to root procedure, then you’re at the right place. This tutorial will be guiding you on how to root the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i9200 and i9205 in less than an hour.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ). Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
- Download the vcoreroot-v2.tar file, as well as the Odin_1.85.rar file.
- Extract the Odin_1.85.rar file to the desktop.
- After you’ve successfully extracted, run the Odin software.
- On the program, click on the PDA button and locate the vcoreroot-v2.tar file.
- Under the options setting, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are ticked.
- Reboot your device to Download Mode by Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for a moment.
- Connect your device to the PC using the USB cable that come together with your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3.
- Once you’ve connected to the PC, the device driver will automatically be installed and the ID:COM field on the program should also turn green.
- Click on start to begin rooting the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3.
- After a moment, the device will automatically reboot.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3!
That’s all you need to do! However, if you encounter any any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post so that we’re able to help you! In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way!