The Sony Xperia C is a mid-range Android smartphone announced back in June last year. It comes with a 5-inch display powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core chipset and 1 GB RAM. The Xperia C is one of the few Sony smartphones powered by a Mediatek processor – to make the device more affordable to the mass. If you happens to own the Xperia C and wants to root it, then you’re definitely at the right place! In this step-by-step tutorial, I will show you how to root Sony Xperia C in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Sony Xperia C
- Download the Sony Xperia C Root.rar ( attached in the first post ).
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery level on your device before you proceed.
- Back up the Xperia C smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Sony Xperia C
- Go to Settings > Developers options > enable USB debugging.
- Unzip the Sony Xperia C Root.rar file.
- From the unzipped folder, double-click on the Sony Xperia C Root.exe.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to begin rooting your device.
- The process may take a few minutes.
- Once done, reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Sony Xperia C!
You are now free to install any custom ROMs as well as other root-only apps on your Xperia C smartphone. You may want to download the Root Checker app to check if your device has been successfully rooted. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!