The Tengda S4 Max is a entry-level phablet released by Chinese manufacturer Tengda back in January this year. The Tengda S4 Max rocks a decent 6″ HD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset alongside a 1GB RAM and a 8GB expandable storage. Other key specs include a 8MP rear shooter, 5MP front-facing camera, 3G connectivity, WiFi, dual-SIM support, Bluetooth, 3,800mAh battery as well as Android 4.2.2 running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Tengda S4 Max rather easily using the vroot program. In the following tutorial, i will be guiding you guys on how to root Tengda S4 Max in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Tengda S4 Max
- Download the iroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Tengda S4 Max smartphone.
- Back up your Tengda S4 Max smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Tengda S4 Max
- Install iroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions. If it doesn’t open, then right-click on the icon and run it as administrator.
- Connect the Tengda S4 Max to your Windows-based PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps. If it doesn’t detect your device, do ensure that you have installed the correct driver on your PC.
- Open the iroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the iroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Tengda S4 Max.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The Tengda S4 Max will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Tengda S4 Max!
Now, you’re free to install custom ROMs as well as recovery on the Tengda S4 Max. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!