The Blu Life Play is a mid-range Android smartphone released back in April this year. Coming with a price tag of just $209, it is no doubt one of the most popular budget device available in the market. Running on a quad-core Mediatek MT6589 chipset, the Blu Life Play can be easily rooted through the Boromir or Faramir exploits using the Framaroot app. This procedure can be carried out with or without the use of a PC. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root the Blu Life Play.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Blu Life Play
- Download and place the Framaroot apk on your desktop.
- Connect the Blu Life Play to your PC.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Ensure that the Unknown Sources option has been checked in your device’s settings. If not, you will not be able to install external apks on your device.
- Launch your file explorer from your app drawer ( if you do not have one, you can download ES File Explorer from the Play Store ) and look for the Framaroot apk. Once you’ve found the apk, install it.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your device.
- Tap on the Boromir / Faramir option on the app.
- Wait for a success pop-up to appear on the screen.
- Restart your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Blu Life Play.