Even though the HTC Droid DNA is itself already a very powerful device, but without root access, there is little you can do with it – like flashing custom ROMs etc. So if you want the benefit of having root access to your device, then follow this tutorial closely on how to root the HTC Droid DNA. To begin with, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well )
- Please ensure that the HTC Droid DNA has been unlocked and has already flashed the TWRP Recovery on your device before you begin. ( You should also backup your device in case of any data loss during the process )
- Download the Superuser and Busybox files – SU_Busybox_Package.zip.
- Transfer the SU_Busybox_Package.zip from your PC to the device’s SD card.
- Turn off your device and boot it into Bootloader mode by pressing the power button together with the volume down key simultaneously.
- Select the Recovery option.
- Select the ‘ install ‘ option from the menu.
- Select and finally flash the SU_Busybox_Package.zip
- Reboot your device
- Congratulation you’re done with rooting the HTC Droid DNA!
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the process to ensure your device doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credits of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers! However if you need any help during the process, you can comment below this post.