Released in India earlier this year, the Lava Iris 504Q is a decent device spotting a 5-inch 720p display powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor. If you’re holding on to this device and wants to get the best out of it, then you will definitely need to read on to find out how. In this article, I will be guiding you on how to root the Lava Iris 504Q in less than an hour – so that you can install custom ROMs and other root-only apps to the device.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Lava Iris 504Q Tutorial:
- Download the mt6589_rooting_pkg.zip and Mobistel_Cynus_T1_Drivers_x86.exe ( Only applicable if you have not installed your device driver on your PC. ).
- Extract the mt6589_rooting_pkg.zip to a folder on your desktop.
- Ensure that you have already enabled USB Debugging on your device’s settings before proceeding.
- Connect the Lava Iris 504Q to your PC.
- From the extracted folder ( of mt6589_rooting_pkg.zip ), double-click on the run.bat file.
- Follow the instructions given.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Lava Iris 504Q.
This is how you go about rooting the Lava Iris 504Q. I’m sure you will be able to complete this procedure in less than an hour. If you have any queries regarding this tutorial, you can either comment below the post or visit the developer’s page.
You may also want to learn : How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Core I8262