Although the Motorola Moto X was only released a few months back, someone from xda-developers has already found a way to root the device, even without the need to unlock its bootloader.If you’re interested, then follow this tutorial on how to root Motorola Moto X in less than an hour.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root Motorola Moto X
- From the list of apks, choose your carrier and download the correct apk for your Moto X.
- Connect the device to your PC via the USB.
- Copy the PwnMyMoto apk file to the top directory of the internal storage of your device.
- Ensure that you’ve allowed the installation of apks from unknown sources in your device’s settings.
- If you do not have any file explorer on the Moto X, go to the Play Store and download the ES File Explorer or any other file explorer that you prefer.
- Launch the file explorer and locate the PwnMyMotoapk that you’ve copied over to your device earlier on. Once you’ve located it, tap on its icon to install the apk.
- After you’ve installed it, launch the PwnMyMoto app from your device.
- After you’ve launched the app, your device will reboot several times.
- Go to Play Store and install the SuperSU app.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Motorola Moto X!
Easy isn’t it? However, if you do encounter any any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post so that we’re able to help you! In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way…
Related : How to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active