If you’re reading this tutorial, chances are that you’ve loss your root-access after the latest software update that has brought the firmware on your Sony Xperia SP up to 12.0.A.2.254. But not to worry, its rather easy to regain root-access on the device once again. This tutorial will guide you on how to root the Sony Xperia SP running on firmware 12.0.A.2.254.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
First and foremost, please ensure you’ve downloaded the following :
Follow the steps below to root the Sony Xperia SP :
- Ensure you’ve enabled USB Debugging on the Xperia SP.
- Run the Flash Tool and install it on your PC.
- Extract the DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.zip file to your desktop.
- Launch the Flash Tool.
- Click on the thunder icon.
- Click on the“…”
- Select the XperiaSP_C530X_12.0.A.1.257_KernelOnly.ftf file that you’ve downloaded.
- Click OK.
- It will now prompt you to connect your the Xperia SP to the PC.
- Connect your device to the PC using a USB cable.
- The program should begin flashing the Xperia SP.
- Reboot the Xperia SP once its done flashing.
- Launch the runme_win.bat file you’ve extracted.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to begin rooting your Xperia SP.
- After its being rooted, reboot your device.
- Repeat steps 4 – 12 with the new firmware XperiaSP_C530X_12.0.A.2.254_KernelOnly.ftf this time round.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Sony Xperia SP.
Easy isn’t it? However, if you do encounter any any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post so that we’re able to help you! In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way…
Related : How to root the Sony Xperia M C1905
I have rooted my sp but everytime I encounter a strange problem of my google account not accessible and not signing in…i tried the solution provided by xda developers but it again shows up again and again…what should I do???
Do you still have access to Google Play store in that case?
can’t root my xperia sp! it always shows “the system cannot find the path specified:” when i used runme.bat