The ThL T5S is a mid-range Android smartphone released by ThL back in December last year, spotting a 4.7 inch qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. The ThL T5S runs on the Android 4.2 software, but we’re not sure if the manufacturer will be rolling out any update for the device. Like most other Android smartphones, we can root ThL T5S using the vroot program as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root ThL T5S in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting ThL T5S
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery remaining in your smartphone.
- Back up the ThL T5S smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root ThL T5S
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once done, open the vroot program on your PC.
- Connect the ThL T5S to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Wait for your PC to detect your device before you proceed.
- On the program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting the device.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- Your device will automatically be rebooted.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted ThL T5S!
Now, you’re free to install custom ROMs as well as recovery on the ThL T5S. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials! *You should unroot your device if you need to reinstate its warranty.