The Ulefone U5 is a mid-range Android smartphone spotting a 5.5 inches FHD display running on a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. The Ulefone U5 was released back in October last year at a price of just $129. Since the device is running on the MTK6582 chipset, it can be easily rooted using the vroot program. If you’re one of those who wants to root Ulefone U5, then you’re definitely at the right place! In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Ulefone U5 using the vroot program.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Ulefone U5
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings. To do so, go to Settings > Developer options > check the USB debugging box.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery remaining in your smartphone.
- Back up the Ulefone U5 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Ulefone U5
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once done, open the vroot program on your PC.
- Connect the Ulefone U5 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Your PC must be able to detect your device before you proceed.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Ulefone U5.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- Your device should automatically be rebooted.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Ulefone U5!