If you’d ever tried rooting a Samsung smartphone before, then you’ll definitely know how tedious and cumbersome the process is. However thanks to George Hotz, we can now easily root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 using a one-click-root app called Towelroot. This app make use of a Linux kernel exploit discovered by George Hotz, and will possibly work on most Kernel build before June 4th when the patch was rolled out. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root Verizon Galaxy S5 using Towelroot!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Verizon Galaxy S5
- Download the Towelroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Galaxy S5 smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root Verizon Galaxy S5
- Connect your to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Towelroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Towelroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Towelroot app and tap on the “Make it ra1n” button to begin rooting your device.
- After awhile your device should reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Verizon Galaxy S5!