The Xolo Q2100 is a mid-range Android handset released by Indian manufacturer Xolo back in September this year. The Xolo Q2100 is also the first Xolo handset to be coming with a finger print scanner as an additional security feature. Other key specs which comes with the device include a 5.5″ HD display, 1.3GHz quad-core chipset, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, microSD slot, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, 2,800mAh battery as well as Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Xolo handsets, we can root Xolo Q2100 rather easily using the vroot program as well. In the following program, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Xolo Q2100 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Xolo Q2100
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Xolo Q2100 smartphone.
- Back up your Xolo Q2100 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Xolo Q2100
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Xolo Q2100 to your Windows-based PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Xolo Q2100.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Xolo Q2100!