Launched back in April this year, the LeEco Le 2 has finally received its first major OTA update earlier today which will bring its current EUI version from 5.6.013S up to the stable 5.8.015S. Currently, the update is available only in India but we do expect other countries to receive the update in the next few days.
Below is the official changelog for this update:
- Launcher: Fixed an issue in which duplicate icon created after downloading app from Play Store.
- Dual SIM and Mobile Network: Fixed an issue in which SIM Name is showing ‘Card 2’ instead of the carrier’s name.
- Music: 1) Fixed an issue in which there is no option to delete playlist. 2) Fixed an issue in which delete playlist will also delete music files. 3)Fixed an issue in which pictures in the gallery cannot be set as album cover. 4) Fixed an issue in which the equalizer cannot be accessed from home page.
- Sounds and Vibration: Dial and virtual buttons vibration effect is stronger. Added calendar ringtone setting.
- Message: Card view message module upgraded.
- Fingerprint & Password: Added APK lock function.
- Display: Added very large font size.
- Supermanager: 1) Added app warehouse. 2) Added WiFi control for individual apps.
- LeCloud: Fixed an issue in which ‘LeCloud stopped running’ pops up during login to Gmail or Facebook.
- BSP: 1) Fixed an issue in which screen turns off automatically that made unlock phone impossible. 2) Fixed an issue in which small possibility phone froze. 3) Fixed an issue in which when holding group call, the third call cannot be connected. 4) Fixed an issue in which small possibility OTA fails. 5) Boot-up logo updated. 6) Optimized temperature and quick charge on oversea version.
- Camera: 1) Fixed an issue in which photo cannot be taken when temperature is too high. 2) Fixed an issue in which camera crashes after system reboot. 3) Fixed an issue in which when 4K video is taken too long, video cannot be saved.4) Optimized photo taking from locker screen.
According to our tipster, this update will come with a hefty 471.19MB file size, so make sure you are connected to the WiFi before you begin updating the device! If you’ve yet to receive the update notification, you can manually check for it by going to Settings > About device > Software update.
Thanks Dinesh for the tip!