If you’re holding on to the almighty Asus Padfone 2 and is looking for guides on how to root the device, then you’re at the right place! Although rooting a device is a rather complicated process, but trust me – it could be done in less than an hour. This tutorial will be guiding you on how to root the Asus Padfone 2 using the Superboot method. If you’re still wondering weather to root your device or not, then we recommend you to read our post on weather should you root your device or not.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ). Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
- Download the Superboot program file.
- Extract the file to your desktop.
- Turn off the Asus Padfone 2.
- Reboot the device into bootloader mode by holding the Voume Up and Power button simultaneously for a moment.
- Connect the device to your PC via the USB cable.
- Run the install-superboot-windows.bat file that you’ve extracted earlier on.
- Congratulations, you’ve sucessfully rooted the Asus Padfone 2!
Simple as it is! Now you’re free to install any custom ROMs as well as other root-only apps onto your device.