The Lava Xolo A500 is a budget Android smartphone that is mainly available in India which spot a rather low-end specifications featuring a 4-inch display powered by a 1GHz dual-core chipset and 512MB RAM. To make things more interesting, you may want to overclock the device to improve its performance as well as install other custom ROMs. But before you can do so, you have to first root the handset. This tutorial will be guiding you on how to root the Lava Xolo A500 in less than an hour.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Lava Xolo A500 :
- Download the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v31.zip.
- Extract the downloaded file to a folder on your desktop.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Connect the Xolo A500 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Double-click on the RunMe.bat that you have extracted earlier on.
- On the program, type 1 and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Follow the instructions on the program.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Lava Xolo A500.
If you do encounter any any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can comment below this post and we’ll definitely be glad to help you! In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way… For more information, you can head down to the developer’s page as well.
You may also want to learn : How to root the HTC Desire X