If you’re one of the lucky ones holding on to the latest Sony Xperia Z1, then you may be delighted to hear that a root method is already available for the device. So if you’re interested in having root-access to the hardware, then follow this step-by-step tutorial on how to root the Sony Xperia Z1.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
- Download the vroot.
- Run the application by double-clicking on it. This will install it to your desktop.
- After its being installed, launch the program.
- Connect your Xperia Z1 to the PC using a USB cable.
- From the program, click on the ROOT button to begin rooting the device.
- You’ll be prompted once your device has been rooted.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Sony Xperia Z1.
Easy isn’t it? However, if you do encounter any any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can comment below this post and we’ll definitely be glad to help you! In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way…