Last week, we have taught you how to root the LG G2 in a few simple steps. Today we will move on to guide you on how to unroot the LG G2 in less than an hour. The process of unrooting is quite similar to rooting a device. So as long as you follow the tutorial closely, nothing will go wrong.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of unrooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
* This procedure will not work for AT&T and Verizon devices.
- Make sure you have installed the LG ADB driver on your PC before proceeding.
- Download the stock firmware ( Select the appropriate firmware base on your device’s model ) , LG Mobile Support Tool ( Install it to your PC ) as well as FlashTool to your PC.
- Turn off the LG G2.
- Connect the LG G2 to your PC using a USB cable while pressing the Volume Up button at the same time. This will boot the device into Download mode.
- Extract the FlashTool to your desktop.
- From the extracted folder, double-click on the UpTestEX.exe.
- From the pop-up window, make sure you have selected the right options as listed below :
- Type – 3GQCT
- PhoneMode – DIAG
- Select KDZ file – select the .kdz file that you have downloaded earlier on.
- Click on Normal web upgrade test.
- Click on Upgrade Start.
- Select Republic of Korea and English ( For the Country and Language pop-up window )
- Click on OK.
- Once done, turn off the LG G2.
- Turn it back on again by holding both the Power and Volume Down buttons together.
- From the screen, select the Reset option.
- Congratulation you’ve successfully unrooted your LG G2!
Hopefully you’ll be able to understand how to unroot the LG G2 after reading this tutorial. If you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can comment below this post. In the meantime, stay tune for other how to unroot tutorials coming your way!
Related : How to unroot Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4