Holding on to the HTC Desire X and has yet to root it? Its time for you to do so! Rooting will allow you to install countless custom ROMs on your device and also gives you the ability to overclock its performance as well. This tutorial will guide you on how to root the HTC Desire X in less than an hour.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
- Please ensure you have downloaded the HTC driver’s to your desktop and have also unlocked your device.
- Download the All-in-one toolkit.
- Extract its archive to your desktop.
- Double-click on the executable program file that you have extracted.
- Ensure that you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s setting.
- Connect the HTC Desire X to your PC using a USB cable.
- From the toolkit, look for the ClockWorkMod under the Recovery section.
- Click on Flash Recovery to flash a custom recovery on the HTC Desire X.
- Once done, Select Perm Root under the Extras section.
- Click on run to begin rooting your device.
- Reboot your device once.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the HTC Desire X.
Easy isn’t it? However, if you do encounter any any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can comment below this post and we’ll definitely be glad to help you! In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way… For more information, you can head down to the developer’s page as well.
Related : How to root the LG G2 in less than an hour