If you’re holding on to the Moto X and wanted to have free Wi-Fi tethering ability on the device, then you’re at the right place! This tutorial will guide you on how to enable free Wi-Fi tethering ability on your Moto X. But before we begin, make sure that you’ve already rooted your device – if you have not do so, then follow this tutorial on how to root the Moto X.
- Download the wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk.
- Connect the device to your PC via the USB.
- Copy the apk file to the top directory of the internal storage of your device.
- Ensure that you’ve allowed the installationd of apks from unknown sources in your device’s settings.
- If you do not have any file explorer on the Moto X, go to the Play Store and download the ES File Explorer or any other file explorer that you prefer.
- Launch the file explorer and locate the wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk that you’ve copied over to your device earlier on. Once you’ve located it, tap on its icon to install the apk.
- Launch the Wi-Fi tethering app.
- Check the 3 options on the top right and tap Settings.
- Select Change Device Profile.
- Select ICS/JB Wlan 0.
- Enable both Wifi Driver Reload as well as Keep Alive – Connection Checking.
- Tap Back.
- Congratulations! You can now use free Wi-Fi tethering from your Moto X!
Easy isn’t it? However, if you do encounter any any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post so that we’re able to help you! In the meantime, stay tune for more Android How To tutorials coming your way!