The Blu Life Play X is another mid-range Android smartphone released by Blu back in December last year. Unlike its previous models, the Blu Life Play X will be running on a slightly faster 1.5GHz quad-core MT6589T processor instead. However, even though its running on the MT6589T chipset, we can still root BLU Life Play X using the same procedure which we use to root BLU Life Play which runs on the MT6589 chipset. In this tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root BLU Life Play X using the Framaroot app.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting BLU Life Play X
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery remaining on your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up your BLU Life Play X smartphone ( either to your Google account or your PC ).
Follow the steps below on how to root BLU Life Play X
- Connect the BLU Life Play X to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk (which you have downloaded earlier) from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Launch the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your BLU Life Play X.
- On the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option from the Select an action to execute after root section.
- Next up, select either Boromir / Faramir (only if Boromir doesn’t work) exploit from the Select an exploit section.
- A pop-up like the one will appear on your device after you’re done. Do not continue if you didn’t see this pop-up!
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted BLU Life Play X!