The Leagoo Lead 3 is the latest budget Android smartphone released by Leagoo back in July this year. The device comes with a price tag of just $75, making it one of the cheapest quad-core available in the market.
The Leagoo Lead 3 rocks a 4.5″ qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset along with 512MB of RAM. Other key specs include a 4GB internal storage, microSD slot, 5MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, 1,600mAh battery as well as Android 4.4.2 KitKat running out of the box.
Like any other Android smartphones, we can root Leagoo Lead 3 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Leagoo Lead 3 in less than an hour using vroot.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Leagoo Lead 3
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Leagoo Lead 3 smartphone.
- Back up your Leagoo Lead 3 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Leagoo Lead 3
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Leagoo Lead 3 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Leagoo Lead 3.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Leagoo Lead 3!