The ThL T6S is the latest mid-range Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer ThL back in June this year. The device rocks a 5″ IPS display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset along with 1GB of RAM. Other key specs include a 8GB onboard storage, microSD slot, 5MP rear camera, 0.3MP front camera, 1,900mAh battery as well as Android 4.4.2 KitKat running out of the box.
Since this device comes with an unlocked bootloader, its rather easy for us to have it rooted as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root ThL T6S using a one-click-root program called vroot. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root ThL T6S in less than an hour!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting ThL T6S
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your ThL T6S smartphone.
- Back up your ThL T6S smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root ThL T6S
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the ThL T6S to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting ThL T6S.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted ThL T6S!