Launched last year, the LG Optimus M+ is one of the most popular Android smartphone for those looking for a simple and affordable handset. To fully exploit the power of the Optimus M+, users will have to root the device in order to enjoy countless custom ROMs as well as other root only apps on the Optimus M+. So for those who’ve no idea what rooting is about, then follow this tutorial closely on how to root the LG Optimus M+. But before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ). Make sure you’ve already backup your device!
*This procedure works only with a PCs running on Windows OS. Make sure you’ve installed the LG USB drivers on your PC as well.
- Download the optimusmplus_root_windows.zip package.
- Extract the files to your desktop.
- Enable USB Debugging on the LG Optimus M+, by going to Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Connect the Optimus M+ to your PC using a USB cable.
- Execute the RunMe.bat application.
- Follow the few simple steps on the program.
- Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted your LG Optimus M+!
- You should be able to locate the Superuser app in your device after rooting.
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the process to ensure your device doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credit of this procedure goes to these guys from androidforums! However if you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, cannot boot, don’t work? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post or go directly to their support forum at androidforums.
In the mean time, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way!