The Alcatel One Touch Idol S is a mid-range Android smartphone announced by Alcatel back in August last year. The Alcatel One Touch Idol S spot a 4.7 inch HD display powered by a dual-core MTK6577 chipset and 1GB RAM – powerful enough for most Android users. However, its good to know that we can further improve its processing by overclocking its chipset. But before we can do that, we have to first root Alcatel One Touch Idol S. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Alcatel One Touch Idol S using the Kingo program.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Alcatel One Touch Idol S
- Download the Kingo program to your PC.
- Go to Settings > Developer options > check on the USB Debugging box.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Back up the Alcatel One Touch Idol S.
Follow the steps below on how to root Alcatel One Touch Idol S
- Install Kingo on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once done, open the Kingo program on your PC.
- Connect the Alcatel One Touch Idol S to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- The program will then install the latest driver on your PC.
- Once the neccessary driver has been installed, you should see a screen like the one above.
- Click on the root button to begin rooting Alcatel One Touch Idol S.
- Once it has rooted your device, you should see a Root Succeeded message.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Alcatel One Touch Idol S!