The Blu Dash Music JR is a low-end Android smartphone released by US based manufacturer Blu back in November last year. The Blu Dash Music JR rocks a decent 4″ display powered by a 1.3GHz dual-cores chipset along with 256MB of RAM. Other key specs include a 512MB internal storage, microSD slot, 2MP rear camera, 0.3MP front-facing camera, 1,450mAh battery as well as Android 4.4.2 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphone, we can root Blu Dash Music JR rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Blu Dash Music JR using the root genius program (works only on a Windows PC).
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Blu Dash Music JR
- Download the RootGenius file to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded the necessary device driver before you proceed.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Back up the Blu Dash Music JR.
Follow the steps below on how to root Blu Dash Music JR
- Extract the rootgenius.zip file to a folder on your desktop.
- Inside the extracted folder, double-click on a rootgenius executable file to install the program on your PC.
- Connect the Blu Dash Music JR to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Launch the RootGenius program on your PC.
- Make sure it is able to detect your device.
- Once it detected your device, click on the Root button at the bottom right.
- It will take a few minutes to root Blu Dash Music JR.
- If everything go smoothly, you should see a success pop-up like the one above.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Blu Dash Music JR!