The Micromax Canvas A1 is a budget Android handset released by Indian manufacturer Micromax back in October last year. The Micromax Canvas A1 rocks a decent 4.5″ display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset along with 1GB of RAM. Other key specs include a 4GB internal storage, microSD slot, 5MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, 1,700mAh battery as well as Android 4.4.4 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Micromax Canvas A1 rather easily using the vroot program. In the following tutorial, i will be guiding you guys on how to root Micromax Canvas A1 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Micromax Canvas A1
- Download the iroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Micromax Canvas A1 smartphone.
- Back up your Micromax Canvas A1 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Micromax Canvas A1
- Install iroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions. If it doesn’t open, then right-click on the icon and run it as administrator.
- Connect the Micromax Canvas A1 to your Windows-based PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps. If it doesn’t detect your device, do ensure that you have installed the correct driver on your PC.
- Open the iroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the iroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Micromax Canvas A1.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The Micromax Canvas A1 will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Micromax Canvas A1!