The Blu Life One X is a mid-range Android smartphone announced by Blu back in January this year. The Blu Life One X has a sleek design which comes with a 5-inches fHD display. It runs on a 1.3GHz quad-core processor with 1GB RAM and has Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean running in the background as well. Like most other Android users, you may not like the stock Android UI that came along with the device. However, not to worry we can easily flash custom ROMs to give ourselves a more interesting home screen instead. But before we can do so, we have to first root Blu Life One X. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Blu Life One X using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Blu Life One X
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your Blu Life One X smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Blu Life One X smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Blu Life One X
- Connect the Blu Life One X to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot on your Blu Life One X smartphone and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Blu Life One X.
- Once your device has been rooted, you should see a pop-up like the one above.
- Reboot the Blu Life One X smartphone.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Blu Life One X!