The Cube Talk 7x is a mid-range Android tablet released by Chinese manufacturer Cube back in May this year. The device rocks a decent 7″ display powered by a 1.7GHz octa-core chipset along with 1GB of RAM.
Like most most other Android tablets, we can root Cube Talk 7x rather easily using the Framaroot app. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Cube Talk 7x in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cube Talk 7x
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Cube Talk 7x.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cube Talk 7x
- Connect the Cube Talk 7x to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Cube Talk 7x smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ).
- You should see a pop-up like the one above after you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cube Talk 7x!
Once you have gained root-access on your Cube Talk 7x, you will be able to install custom ROMs as well as recovery on it. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!
Hi thanks for the article.
do you know if there are any custom roms for this device