The Cubot X9 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Cubot back in December last year. The device rocks a 5″ HD display powered by a 1.4GHz 8-cores chipset along with 2GB of RAM. Other key specs which come along with this handset include a 16GB internal storage, microSD slot, 13MP rear camera, 8MP front camera for selfies, 2,200mAh battery as well as Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Cubot X9 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Cubot X9 using the Framaroot app.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cubot X9
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Cubot X9.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cubot X9
- Connect the Cubot X9 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Cubot X9 smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ).
- You should see a pop-up like the one above after you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cubot X9!