The Cube Talk 9X is a mid-range Android tablet released by Chinese manufacturer Cube back in July last year. The Cube Talk 9X sports a 9.7″ Retina display powered by a 2GHz 8-cores chipset along with 2GB of RAM. Other key specs include a 2GB internal storage, microSD slot, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, 10,000mAh battery as well as Android 4.4.2 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android tablets, we can root Cube Talk 9X rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Cube Talk 9X in less than an hour.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cube Talk 9X
- Download the Root Package to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Back up the Cube Talk 9X.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cube Talk 9X
- Unzip the Root Package which you’d downloaded earlier on.
- Once done, look for the flash tool file. After that, right-click on its icon and run it as administrator.
- On the program, click on the Scatter loading button and choose the appropriate scatter file located within the sub-folder of ROM.
- You should then see a screen like the one above on your PC.
- Now, connect your tablet to your PC.
- One done, click on the Download button to begin the flashing process.
- A green circle should appear on the screen once it has completed.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cube Talk 9X!
Not only will you have root-access on your tablet now, the internal storage has increased from 2GB to 4GB! For more information you can check out the developer’s forum thread here, or comment below this post for any assistance.