The Cubot P6 is another low-end Android smartphone released by Cubot last year, sporting a 5-inches qHD display. The device runs on a decent 1.2GHz dual-core chipset together with 512MB of RAM. Running in the background is a stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware which hasn’t been updated by the manufacturer till today. If you’re one of those getting bored of the features from Jelly Bean, then you may want to consider rooting the device so that you can flash custom ROMs on it. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Cubot P6 using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cubot P6
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your Cubot P6 smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Cubot P6 smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cubot P6
- Connect the Cubot P6 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot on your Cubot P6 smartphone and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Cubot P6.
- You should be able to see a pop-up like the one above once the program has rooted your device.
- Finally, reboot your Cubot P6 smartphone immediately.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cubot P6!