The Cubot S350 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Cubot back in January this year. The Cubot S350 rocks a decent 5.5″ HD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset along with 2GB of RAM. Other key specs which come along with the device include a 16GB internal storage, microSD slot, 13MP rear camera, 8MP front-facing camera, 2,350mAh battery as well as Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Cubot S350 rather easily using the vroot program. In the following tutorial, i will be guiding you guys on how to root Cubot S350 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cubot S350
- Download the iroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Cubot S350 smartphone.
- Back up your Cubot S350 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cubot S350
- Install iroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions. If it doesn’t open, then right-click on the icon and run it as administrator.
- Connect the Cubot S350 to your Windows-based PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps. If it doesn’t detect your device, do ensure that you have installed the correct driver on your PC.
- Open the iroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the iroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Cubot S350.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The Cubot S350 will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cubot S350!