The Tengda Z6 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Tengda back in January this year. The Tengda Z6 rocks a decent 5.5″ qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz dual-core chipset along with 512MB of RAM. Other key specs which come along with the device include a 4GB internal storage, microSD slot, 5MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, 1,800 mAh battery as well as Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Tengda Z6 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Tengda Z6 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Tengda Z6
- Download the SRS Root program on your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before you proceed.
- Back up the Tengda Z6.
Follow the steps below on how to root Tengda Z6
- Install SRS Root on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions. (Right-click and run it as administrator if double-clicking on it doesn’t work)
- Connect the Tengda Z6 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable. Make sure your PC is able to detect your device.
- Open the SRS Root program on your PC by double-clicking on its icon. (Right-click and run it as administrator if double-clicking on it doesn’t work)
- Next up, click on the Root Device (SmartRoot) button to begin rooting Tengda Z6.
- The rooting process may take some time so be patient.
- Once done, reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Tengda Z6!