The Cubot X10 is the latest mid-tier Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Cubot back in May this year. The Cubot X10 rocks an decent 5.5″ HD display powered by a 8-cores MTK6592M chipset clocked at 1.4GHz. Other key specs which come along with the device include a 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, microSD slot, 13MP rear camera, 8MP front-facing camera, 2,400mAh battery as well as Android 4.4 running out of the box.
Like most other Android tablets, we can root Cubot X10 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Cubot X10 using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cubot X10
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Cubot X10.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cubot X10
- Connect the Cubot X10 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Cubot X10 smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Sam exploit. ( You can try Frodo or Aragorn exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ).
- You should see a pop-up like the one above after you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cubot X10!