The Cubot X6 is no doubt one of the cheapest octa-core powered smartphone in the market, having a price tag of just $150. The device sports a 5″ HD display and has a rather decent spec sheet coming along with it.
Like most other Cubot smartphones, we can root Cubot X6 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Cubot X6 in less than an hour using a one-click-root app called Framaroot. Read on to find out more if you’re interested!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cubot X6
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your Cubot X6.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Cubot X6.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cubot X6
- Connect the Cubot X6 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your tablet’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Cubot X6 and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Cubot X6.
- You should be able to see a pop-up like the one above once the program has rooted your tablet. The process normally takes less than a minute to complete.
- Finally, reboot your device immediately.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cubot X6!