The Elephone P2000 is the latest high-end Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Elephone back in June this year. The device rocks a 5.5″ HD display powered by a octa-core MT6592 chipset clocked at 1.7GHz. Other key specs include a 2GB RAM, 16GB onboard storage, microSD slot, 13MP rear camera, 8MP front camera, 2,650mAh battery as well as Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Elephone P2000 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Elephone P2000 using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Elephone P2000
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your Elephone P2000 smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Elephone P2000 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Elephone P2000
- Connect the Elephone P2000 smartphone to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your tablet’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Hyundai M8 tablet and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Elephone P2000.
- You should be able to see a pop-up like the one above once the program has rooted your tablet. The process normally takes less than a minute to complete.
- Finally, reboot your Elephone P2000 immediately.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Elephone P2000!