The Elephone P8 Pro is the latest 8-cores Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Elephone back in November this year. The Elephone P8 Pro rocks a 5.7″ HD display powered by a 1.7GHz octa-core chipset along with 2GB of RAM. Most importantly, the device comes with an affordable price tag of just $170.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Elephone P8 Pro rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Elephone P8 Pro using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Elephone P8 Pro
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Elephone P8 Pro.
Follow the steps below on how to root Elephone P8 Pro
- Connect the iNew V8 Plus to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Elephone P8 Pro smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ).
- You should see a pop-up like the one above after you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Elephone P8 Pro!